Irix and threading

Joe Connellan joe at al.com.au
Sun Feb 25 23:00:02 EST 2001

I'm having a problem with badly behaving threads when using the "thread"
module on irix. Running the same python/tkinter script on linux runs
fine, but when running it on irix it seems to spawn the threads if and
only if it feels like it. I have been able to get threads going in non
tkinter scripts for irix, but they still don't behave well. eg the first
thread will run for a long period, then the second will run for a long
period, etc. I have tried this with python1.5 python2.0 and python2.1a
all making sure that thread support was compiled in.

has anyone else had a similar problem and managed to get around it?

Thanks