jython 2 java class - help?????

tiddlerdeja at my-deja.com tiddlerdeja at my-deja.com
Mon Feb 5 06:32:59 EST 2001

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go, but I think I'll run into my
original problems.

I did have a look for a jython group to post to, but didn't find one.
Would you be able to tell me what it is?

Thanks again.

In article <mailman.981138302.585.python-list at python.org>,
  D-Man <dsh8290 at rit.edu> wrote:

> (these things are probably better for the jython list)
>
> $ jythonc --all --jar MyEg.jar  MyEg.py
>
> Will create a jar file MyEg.jar that will contain all the .class files
> you need (from your .py source and the jython.jar file).
>
> By default jythonc does its work in a directory ./jpywork .  This is
> where the .java and .class files are output.  If you specify a jar
> file, jythonc will take the .class files it output to ./jpywork and
> put them in the jar.
>
> HTH,
> -D
>
> On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 05:35:56PM +0000, tiddlerdeja at my-deja.com wrote:
> | Can anyone tell me if they have had much success with this?
> |
> | I can follow the Graph.py demo and I get this to work. With this demo
> | you get a PythonGraph.java file to javac.
> |
> | When I attempt this for MyEg.py, I get the MyEg.class files, but I
> | don't get the PythonMyEg.java file to compile.
> |
> | My exmaple does derive from java.lang.Object, it does work from
> | jythjon.bat and has a if __main...... thingy.
> |
> | I also want to be able to create a jar that I can deply on another VM
> | that does not have jython-2.0 installed.
> |
> | Any help appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/