Python 2.0 or Activestate Python?

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Tue Feb 27 17:13:02 EST 2001

David Fuess <fuess at att.net> wrote:
> If you're working on a Windows platform, then you will want Mark
> Hammond's  win32 classes anyway. ActiveState Python is a combined
> Python 2 and Win32all in one simple install. Otherwise you'll install
> one of the other Python 2 distributions and still have to go to
> ActiveState to get Win32.

And Win32 was a huge user base for ActivePerl as well.  As far as I can
tell, ActiveState has a monopoly on Win32 Perl and Python distributions,
but Perl has recently gotten IndigoPerl and I'm quite happy with it.
Something will eventually compete with ActivePython as well, and
ActiveState just might lose.  Who knows?

--
-Tim Hammerquist <timmy at cpan.org>

Any emotion, if it is sincere, is involuntary.
	-- Mark Twain