xml install problem - No module named Node

Tushar Wagle tushar at hursley.ibm.com
Thu Feb 1 06:05:24 EST 2001

I'm trying to use the new XML library in Python 2.0, but cannot
get the examples to work.

The error I get when running the iterator1.py example is:

   File: "iterator1.py", line 5, in ?
      from xml.dom.Node import Node
   ImportError: No module named Node

which looks like a basic installation error. However, some of the other examples

work, and the directories look populated. I looked in
/usr/local/lib/python2.0/site-packages/_xmlplus/dom and there is
no Node.py file....

I'm running RedHat 6.2, Python 2.0 and PyXML 0.6.3 (I tried the rpm and
rebuilding from source with no luck either way).

What's wrong?

All help appreciated! :)

- Tushar.