Palm/Python

Bryan Mongeau bryan at eevolved.com
Sat Feb 24 10:51:17 EST 2001

Hi Jeff,

Congratulations to you and Micheal for the very impressive work with Pippy.
Even more impressive is that your website seems to be shrugging off a full
scale slashdotting! :)

I was disheartened though to see in the README that floating points, file
objects and long integers are dropped (I need those!), although I
appreciate some concessions must be made to reduce the footprint for Palm.

I notice in the goals that you intend to lobby for incorporation of these
modifications into the core distribution... Good luck. :) Personally as a
python PDA application developer, I require the full functionality of
python and consequently cannot cater to a platform incapable of supporting
it completely.

Although I'm sure pippy is of great use to your application and I applaud
your efforts, don't you see PDA capabilities as soon being able to run the
complete python?

Good luck with the venture,
--
Bryan Mongeau

"The genes are the master programmers, and they are programming for their
lives." -- Richard Dawkins