None assigment

Clarence Gardner clarence at netlojix.com
Sat Feb 10 21:09:18 EST 2001

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Peter Hansen wrote:
>Why, I wonder, do some people think that just because
>something "shouldn't" happen, it must therefore
>never be allowed to happen?  If "we all agree that

I think, if there is a reason, it is probably that they want
the language to prevent the programmer from *accidentally*
doing bad things that happen to be possible.  But nobody
types
	None = 3
by accident.  And since, unlike some other languages, that
is the only way to do it, there is no purpose in prohibiting it.

$.02 poorer,
Clarence