Done the tutorial, now which book? (Python 2)

Christopher Lee clee at gnwy100.wuh.wustl.edu
Sun Feb 18 22:23:52 EST 2001

    Owen> Hello All, Done the HTML tutorial, now is there a book? (Python
    Owen> 2)

I haven't read all of the books on your list, but I would rank "Learning
Python" by Lutz and Ascher among the best language books I've ever read.  I
felt like it clearly conveyed python's "philosophy" and quickly gave me a
feel for how to solve problems in python.  If I were only going to go for
one book, I'd choose that.

Python Programming on Win32 is also excellent if you're using Windows,
especially if you're interested in doing COM servers, scripting Excel and
the like.  "Programming Python" by Lutz is coming out in a second
edition--make sure to get the new version if you decide to buy it.  It
seems like a more advanced text---I found the first edition helpful when
starting my first C python extension.

-C