Videogame scripting

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 16 15:02:18 EST 2001

"Marco Iannaccone" <marciann at tin.it> wrote in message
news:Rc9j6.17279$LM4.229776 at twister1.tin.it...
> Do you think Python is a good scripting language for videogames. I wanna
use
> it for both Windows and Linux. Is it easy enough to program it, and to use
> it with C and C++? Is it fast?

No scripting language is really _fast_ (the FAST parts you'll be better
off keeping in C/C++ -- or you may want to move to high-order but
fully-compilable languages such as O'Caml).  But Python IS very easy,
powerful, and handy at the utmost, on both Linux and Windows; and
it interfaces well to C, and even better to C++.

Alex