I mean *setup.py* ! ... (more questions)

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g at minsky.med.Virginia.EDU
Tue Jan 23 14:57:10 EST 2001

Thanks. I'll give the patch a try.
I already hacked past that error by creating a fake libm.a file.

The problem with the case insensitivity of Mac's HFS+ filesystem
has resurfaced in 2.1a1:

 If termios, fcntl, etc. are built as shared modules, then importing
 TERMIOS, FCNTL, ... will cause a crash due to multiply defined symbols.
 ( It's importing the same shared lib twice, rather than getting the
  .py file for the upper case module names. )

I was handling this in Setup by building those modules as built-in,
rather than shared.

I see in the new Modules/Setup:

# The modules listed here can't be built as shared libraries for
# various reasons; therefore they are listed here instead of in the
# normal order.

If there are modules in this list, does setup.py detect that and not
try to build them shared also ?

-- Steve M.