http authentication

huthut at my-deja.com huthut at my-deja.com
Sat Jan 13 19:41:25 EST 2001

Please forgive my, probably, very naive question.
Im trying to hack togethe ra script that will download a number of
files off a internet site. The only problem is that this site is
password protected (in IE a box pops up for username and password). So
first i tried the urllib.FancyURLopener.open(url) which prompted me for
a username but then froze. Then i tried .open
('http://user:password@www.somewhere.com') but then i got:

File "c:\python20\lib\urllib.py", line 513, in __init__
    apply(URLopener.__init__, (self,) + args)
  File "c:\python20\lib\urllib.py", line 91, in __init__
    assert hasattr(proxies, 'has_key'), "proxies must be a mapping"
AssertionError: proxies must be a mapping

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/