Tkinter vs wxPython: your opinions?

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Fri Jan 26 14:00:11 EST 2001

cerutti at together.net (Neil Cerutti) writes:

> I forgot to mention the ID members of wxPython objects, which are
> unintuitive when it seems so simple to use actual objects in
> function calls instead. I can see how secret ID nos could
> save stack space and pointer passing in a C++ program.

Note that it's sort of up to you to choose - I almost never use the ID
numbers in my wxPython programs, but just save references to the
objects.  As in your listbox example, in most cases I just use -1 for
the id for new objects (although I think there's also an ID generation
function if you want to track the numbers).

I guess the one place I do use them is for menu items, but really only
when the item is created and the event attached to a callback method.

--
-- David