Migrate Python prototype to C++: regex?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 25 05:39:17 EST 2001

"Franz GEIGER" <fgeiger at datec.at> wrote in message
news:94oti8$95v$1 at newsreaderm1.core.theplanet.net...

> This is probably off-topic but I guess Pythoneers have a better
> understanding of this question than C++ programmers only programming C++.
>
> I do a lot of prototyping with Python. A lot of those prototype have to be
> implemented in C++ (MSVC/MFC). STL gives (rather good) support of what
> Pythin already has built-in. But I strongly miss regex. How do you proceed
> in the case of regex in Python? Can anyone recommend a regex package for
> C++? Is there anything like that? Or do you write regexp an other way
round
> somehow?

The Boost libraries (www.boost.org) work very well with the Standard C++
Libraries (and even STL, the research-oriented prototype, if you want),
and include a Regular Expression Library *as well as* a wonderful Python
integration libraries.  They're open-source, free for download, peer
reviewed, and of very high quality in my modest experience.  They also
explicitly support MS VC++ 6 as well as other more-standard compilers.

Alex