Questions on Python

Sam d
Fri Jan 19 20:50:15 EST 2001

Hi everyone,
    I have never really programmed before but I'm very interested in it. My
main goal is to be able to eventually program simple games to fool around
with. I have read that Python is a good language to learn on because it
makes learning other languages easier. I want to ask how should i go about
learning this language? Should I read tutorials online (any good ones i
should check out?) or buy some books (which ones?)? Is this language good
for any programming goal or is it mainly for a certain area? What ways can i
make learning this the easy? Thank you for replies =)