python compiled to native in less than a year?

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Mon Jan 15 11:20:15 EST 2001

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, scotth wrote:
> Since the new .NET platform from MS will take all the compatible .NET
> languages and transform them to an IL (intermediate language ???), then take
> the IL to native compiled code, this means that python will be compiled, but
> only for the Windows platform.
>
> Is what I have said correct, or have I missed something?  This would give
> python a huge boost!

<OFFTOPIC mode="flame">
   I am afraid you are near to be correct. This way M$ is trying to bound
you to one damned platform. This dirty trick is the answer to Sun's dirty
tricks with Java.

   Stay away from M$, it is perfectly dangerous. Whatever is touched by M$
soon become M$ :( Don't touch M$, too, let the Sun be sad example :(((
</OFFTOPIC>

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru