brace nanny

Paul Wright -$Paul$- at verence.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 13 08:52:12 EST 2001

In article <93nsfk02gdu at drn.newsguy.com>,
Grant Griffin  <not.this at seebelow.org> wrote:
>Hi Gang,
>
>Does anybody know of a free/open "brace nanny" for C/C++, preferably
>written in Python?  (By "brace nanny", of course, I mean a gizmo that
>finds inconsistencies between the indentation level and the braces.
>I've had to change bracing style lately, so I need a little help with
>that.)

Gimpel's Lint will give an "inconsistent indentation" warning: it's not
free though. You might find there is a free lint which does this.

Other people have already said that both Vim and GNU indent will
re-format C code to correct indentation, if that's a possible solution.
Vim will spot mismatched braces and turn them red, but AFIAK will not
spot inconsistent indentation.

--
----- Paul Wright ------| This is just another Graham, Kendrick song (rpt x2)
-paul.wright at pobox.com--| First you sing a line and then you, sing it agai-ain