Python and Industry, IBM I'm afraid

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Wed Jan 17 18:54:45 EST 2001

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 02:42:44AM -0500, Tim Peters wrote:

> win95-ain't-exactly-a-postdoc-status-symbol-ly y'rs  - tim

My father told me a story about a CS (or related study, I forget) professor
he interviewed once. My father was writing a book at the time, using
TeX/LaTeX (which he still does) and told the prof that. The professor then
exclaimed that such nonsense was not allowed in his departement, and
everybody had to do their papers in MS Word. So I guess at least *some*
people think Windows is a good tool for academics ;)

(Afterwards, though, one of the TA's took my father asside and told him
practically everyone used TeX anyway, and just converted the resulting paper
into Word documents for the professor to read ;-)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>