Simulating WWW button press

Lutz Schroeer Lutz.Schroeer at tu-clausthal.de
Mon Jan 1 20:49:15 EST 2001

Jan Dries <jdries at mail.com> wrote in
<mailman.978398162.28694.python-list at python.org>:

Well, maybe this snippet of the (very unreadable) source is large enough.

<form ACTION="/dyx-pv/onepagebatch/lV21.zip" ENCTYPE=x-www-form-encoded
METHOD=POST>

<INPUT NAME="zipallpage" TYPE="submit" VALUE="Get all files">
</form>

I tried and read some more stuff and ended at the example 11.3.2 in the
Library reference (1.5.2). Unfortunately my own
version of this code doesn't work (it stucks after the getfile() ).

Is my suggestion right that the base address for the submission is the
same as the page's base address if the code defines nothing different?

Additionally I came to the conclusion that I seem to have to send a
Content-Length header entry (the server replied me an error 411) but have
no idea about the value.

To make it totally complicated the form is on a password protected page.
So how do I send my username and passwd to the server?

Maybe this informtion

(it's hard to express a quite complex problem in English which is not my
native language)

Lutz