distutils question - anything akin to make's -n flag?

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Sun Jan 28 22:31:42 EST 2001

I'm getting ready to install a distutils-aware package for the first time.
The README that came with it says to execute

    python setup.py build
    python setup.py install

This seems easy enough, but before installing a package for the first time
I'm used to being able to execute

    make -n install

to see what potential harm it could inflict on my system.  I saw nothing in
a quick scan of the distutils documentation to suggest there is an
equivalent to make's -n flag.  Am I missing something or am I at the mercy
of the module author?

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at mojam.com)