Calling Java Code from CPython (1.5.2 or 2.0)

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at _no_spam_.ita.chalmers.se
Fri Jan 12 02:58:43 EST 2001

Hello!

<newbie class="clueless">

I would like to know if it is possible to call Java Code from CPython (as in
not Jython or JPython). I am asking this, because i'd like to be able to
experiment using JDBC in conjunction with python; specifically, I want to
use Zope and JDBC drivers on Solaris/Linux and that "other" operating system
to connect to Oracle, MIMER and some other DBMSs we have.

There is one JDBC database adapter for JPython, but I don't know if it is
possible to mix JPython/Jython with CPython.

</newbie>

I have searched the archives but all references to Java and Python end up in
Jython/JPython.

I might add that I am a new Python user and haven't really had time to do
anythin usefull so far; therefore, any help is appreciated.

TIA,

/dario

Dario Lopez-Kästen     Systems Developer  Chalmers Univ. of Technology
dario at ita.chalmers.se  ICQ will yield no hits    IT Systems & Services