Python and ODBC?

Lele Gaifax lele at seldati.it
Mon Jan 15 09:30:01 EST 2001

    AM> If I had to avoid platform lock-ins, and still get
    AM> transactions and stored procedures (each of those being a real
    AM> 'must' for us), then, I dunno -- maybe Interbase, now
    AM> open-source, has those, but I don't really know much about it

Sure it has: I'm using Interbase (actually, Firebird), and there are
several modules that provide access to its APIs, and it should offer
an ODBC bridge too, but I never used it. I usually prefer a "native"
connection, and with IB I have it both on Widows (Delphi) and
everywhere with Python :)

bye, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax	| Quando vivro' di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas	| comincero' ad aver paura di chi mi copia.