Documentation for using python mode in emacs

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Mon Jan 22 19:51:28 EST 2001

"Benjamin Derstine" <bend at ecollege.com> writes:

> Is there any documentation for using python mode in emacs? I've looked the
> python.org website over and there is lots of info on how to install it and
> configure it but no info on how to use it.  Are you supposed to be a pyschic
> genius and just know?

Yes, being a psychic genius is always helpful :-)

Actually, any well-written Python mode knows how to self-describe
itself.  The command "describe-mode" (C-c ? typically) will describe
your current major mode.  So just switch into Python mode (either by
editing a .py file, or using the "python-mode" command) and then read
the description.

--
-- David