Python licensing issues

Mark Hammond mhammond at my-deja.com
Mon Jan 8 14:20:31 EST 2001

In article <3a59f39f.16066282 at news.t-online.de>,
  gerson.kurz at t-online.de (Gerson Kurz) wrote:

> It would be nice if someone could explain
> without resorting to too much legalese.

There are no lawyers here - so unfortunately, whatever responses you
get here must be ignored, and you have to make your own decision based
on the licence text.  It isn't that hard to read, and anything you need
to _infer_ must be infered by you alone (or your lawyer!)

> And how about distributing python20.dll standalone (provided thats
> feasible), so that non-programmers don't have to dl a 8MB
> distribution.

Again, I don't want to give legal advice.  However, be aware that
distributing the DLL is not enough to make Python work - you will also
need to distribute much of the standard library.

> And does anybody of you know of major differences to be aware of for
> BeOpen-Python 2.0 vs. ActiveState-Python 2.0 installed machines?

None.

Mark.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/