Example of handling C callbacks

Le Snelson le_snelson at transtechinc.cc
Thu Jan 4 20:24:48 EST 2001

I have a legacy system which uses an interprocess communications (IPC)
library. It behaves very much like X-windows.  It has its own event loop
and invokes callbacks in the same manner.

What I would like to do is replace one of the processes in the middle of
this network of processes with a Python application.  So, I'm looking
for examples of how to handle C callbacks in extensions.  One thought
I've had is to SWIG the libray interfaces.  This seems fine for sending
messages, but I can't visualize the callback implementation.