Web devel with python. Whats the best route?

Gerhard Häring gerhard.nospam at bigfoot.de
Mon Jan 8 21:39:00 EST 2001

The original post most probably meant mod_python. Another Python-Apache
module is mod_snake, just to add to the confusion :-) URLs are
www.modpython.org, modsnake.sourceforge.net.

But I agree that the old-fash CGI approach is the safest bet. But a
larger web-application is much easier to program when it is a
long-running process and not a CGI script. You also don't have to open
database connections each time, load and parse config files each time.
It *can* make a noticable speed difference when there is zero startup
time in a script.

Gerhard

--
Sorry for the fake email, please use the real one below to reply.
contact: g e r h a r d @ b i g f o o t . d e