book recommendation?

Chris Watson chris at voodooland.net
Tue Jan 9 21:39:00 EST 2001

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 lsloan00 at my-deja.com wrote:

> Okay, I'm being too picky.  Since nobody's given any
> suggestions, maybe my request should be:
> Please recommend a good Python book.

	I was in the same spot a few days ago. Last friday actually.
I finally settled on Python Essential Reference as the book to learn from.
It pretty much is what *I* was looking for. A newbie book. But mainly for
reference. Such as "hrmm what was the options and syntax for open()?"
A quick look at the book is great for that sort of thing. It is almost a
clone of the online tutorial but has better examples scattered about its
pages. You should cruise to the local bookstore and check it out first and
see what you think of it. I think it was the best book I could of
purchased as a newbie. It doesn't cover 2.0 but I am not finding that a
problem so far. Happy hacking!

-Chris Watson         (316) 326-3862 | FreeBSD Consultant, FreeBSD Geek
Work:              scanner at jurai.net | Open Systems Inc., Wellington, Kansas
Home:  scanner at deceptively.shady.org | http://open-systems.net
WINDOWS: "Where do you want to go today?"
LINUX: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"