Modifying .htpasswd from Python?

Andrew Markebo flognat at flognat.myip.org
Tue Jan 23 04:41:44 EST 2001

/ gustafl at algonet.se (Gustaf Liljegren) wrote:
| [...]
| What is the reason to leave out some modules? At least you won't save
| processing time, since modules has to be imported anyway using the import
| statement.

Not present at all platforms python can be found on.

| [...]
| I'll use this in a CGI script in UNIX. The server is on a web hotel, so I
| guess there is no possibility other than asking the Python administrator to
| recompile it with this module included, right? Or can I put only crypt in
| my own directory?

If you get approximately the same python and build as the webhotel,
you can do this. If the webhotel has dynamic modules enabled in their
python..

Otherwise hack your own crypt in python :-) The algorithm is public
:-) (Hmm haven't anyone done this already?)

        /Andy