Stupid Newbie

richard_chamberlain at my-deja.com richard_chamberlain at my-deja.com
Tue Jan 16 11:00:52 EST 2001

Well you need to have it in your path - but you seem to already.

Try just typing python. You should get a prompt up and then try import
sys and see what happens.

pythonw starts up the python without the command window. Useful if your
doing gui applications or some such thing.

Richard

In article <3A645C7B.248902E4 at mdx.ac.uk>,
  DAVID FARRAR <david34 at mdx.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi, I must be stupid.
>
> I am using WinNT at work (without administrator's rights) and having
> trouble making Python 2.0 work. It seems to work fine in the
interactive
> command line format, but I cannot run any module files.  The readme
file
> suggests that no extra configuration is necessary with WinNT.. .is
this
> true?
>
> I am using Notepad to write modules, and python.exe to run them (I
also
> have a file called Pythonw.exe, but this does not seem to do
anything.)

> An example which does not work is as follows:
> import sys
> print sys.argv
>
> To run this file (spam.py), I type:
> python spam.py a b c