executing JavaScript from Python

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Wed Jan 31 15:09:33 EST 2001

In article <959ovu$sqd$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <echuck at mindspring.com> wrote:
>urllib.urlopen() can be useful for grabbing a web page and checking its
>contents. However, JavaScript generated content throws a monkey wrench
>in this technique.
>
>Has anyone cobbled together a means to invoke JavaScript from Python,
>possibly including the DOM and the substitution of output into the HTML
>file?
			.
			.
			.
I'm skeptical.  Every time I've looked at that sort
of thing, it's appeared big and scary.  I don't see
any clever way to get out of the hard work.

Network Query Language
is a different language that is the way I'd go if I
had a serious need to get something working in this
area quickly.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net