fcgi.py

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at abnoba.intevation.de
Tue Jan 2 07:30:16 EST 2001

In article <92ih9f$kgt$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
	gtalvola at NameConnector.com writes:
> In article <3a4c1e99.60463812 at newnews.prodigy.net>,
>   victor at prodigy.net wrote:

>> Well, my most important need was not to have to open database
>> connections every time CGI executed. Currently I don't need
>> multiple instances of the script running simultaneously. If and
>> when I do, I plan to add multithreading to my FastCGI library (I
>> actually believe it had already been done).

> Here's another suggestion: skip FastCGI -- I'm sure it's great on
> Unixes, but I was never able to get it to work on NT (it sounds like
> you had better luck than I did).

AFAIUI he did not get mod_fcgi working under Windows NT.
Nether was I, by the way.  I guess it was buggy when I tested it.

> Instead, use
> the WebKit application server,

WebKist seems to be a little to big for his task.
Probably just mod_python will do.
	Bernhard
The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            (www.fsfeurope.org)