Processes

Max F. Rotem max at platonix.com
Sun Jan 7 09:38:42 EST 2001

Hello All !
I wrote chat in Python .
So some frame that ivokes chat content must do Refresh (something like META
.... 30 REFRESH)
For example , content frame every 30 sec. invoke SHOW.PY , that read the
CHAT content file , and
than print (sys.stdout.write(ChatContent) ) it in main frame.
It is very ugly , so I tried , to do something else ,
like
    while 1:
        status,ChatContent=CheckFileIfChanged() #Some function that check
chat content file,Chat Content - added content
        if status=='change':
                print ChatContent

Now I solved the problem with Refresh , but now I have another one .
For evry user it is run now 2 processes 1 - SHOW.PY and second httpd (Apache
Pipe).
Even if user exit the chat , or push the stop button , this processes still
run on server side , for
each users click on Refresh button , it is starts 2 more additional
processes .......
at the end I come to situations , that I got the apache error like "Too much
opened pipes" (or something like this)
My question is how can I controll processes (all this processes run with
user NOBODY permissions) ,
How can I optimize it to DO NOT do REFRESH of CONTENT , and JUST add every
time add of new content ??
(Maybe exist some use for flush() function)
Anybody ?:))

Thanks ,
Best Regards ,
Max  F. Rotem