(no subject)

jerry keeney jerryleekeeney at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 28 14:44:54 EST 2001

When using win98, I go to 'start/programs/msdos
window/',  I then switch to my python directory (where
I also keep my scripts I'm working on), and type
something like this:

python Iliketrafficlights.py

That hopefully helps you

Ok, I need some help here.  I just download python on
my computer.
I installed it to     C:\programming\python20

I know how to use the interactive mode.  And when
write a script I
usually
run it from the editor(idle) by clicking on "run
script".

But when I try to run the script using the
interpreter, it doesn't
work.
What I do is to type the name of the script.py in the
interactive mode.
It
always give me an error message like:
                        Traceback (most recent call
last):
                          File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
                        NameError: There is no
variable named 'hello'

Is the interpreter suppose to be in interactive mode
everytime?

If you have no idea of what I am talking about, can
you just describe
me how
you usually run your script.