pythoncom for VC++ RPC client

Syver Enstad syver at NOSPAMcyberwatcher.com
Wed Jan 17 17:57:37 EST 2001

<ctanya at my-deja.com> wrote in message news:944t9e$f4r$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...
> Is there a way to expose the pythomcom server to VC++ client using
> late binding? (with IUNKNOWN)
> The problem I'm facing is that VC++ client requires interface GUID to
> create the instance and I'm having trouble generating it from string
> interface representation:
> MakeIID(Sgl_sim.Server.HostServer.Connected) - gives me an error:
>        TypeError: The object can not be converted to a Unicode object.
>
> Could I avoid this step at all?

I am not sure what you mean here, you mean IDispatch and not IUnknown?

As for the interface, I don't think you have to specify that, or just use
the IID for IDispatch. But as you're probably aware of it's easier using the
#import directive and a typelibrary with C++ as you'll have to a lot of
fight with VARIANT arrays and other niceties else.