Python for 8086???

ssthapa at harper.uchicago.edu ssthapa at harper.uchicago.edu
Sun Jan 21 14:19:10 EST 2001

Sean Reifschneider <jafo at tummy.com> wrote:
>There's the Python port to the Palm Pilot.  That might be a good place
>to start...  Don't know how small your box is, but the Pilot is a
>68000 kind of CPU with 8MB RAM.  I was shown a copy of it at a recent
>LUG meeting, and it doesn't look too bad, but is still missing some
>things (floats? forms).

    If he's using a garden variety 8086 then his system will probably have
640K of memory and possibly a few megs of expanded memory (the kind you can
only access a page at a time).  I'm fairly sure that the python interpeter
takes 1+ MB of memory to start with so it some radical surgery would probably
be needed.

Suchandra Thapa                       | "There are only two kinds of math .
s-thapa-11 at NOSPAMalumni.uchicago.edu  | books. Those you cannot read beyond