Help with Python install

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Mon Jan 15 00:33:42 EST 2001

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 03:12:04 GMT, Sheila King <sheila at thinkspot.net> wrote in
comp.lang.python in article <rkp46t8atkoabsmu7v159sm32c0mslp40p at 4ax.com>:

:My web host offers Python 1.5.1.
...<snipped>...
:But I really wanted to use a more recent version. I was given permission to
:install 2.0 in my own directory space. I have done so, and it appears to be
:working.
...<snipped>...
:I can't get some mail scripts that I had running before under 1.5.1 to run
:under 2.0.

I've been given a clue from the Sysadmin:
I've installed Python in the wrong directory. The mail program doesn't have
permission to access my $HOME directory, and I've installed Python2.0 in a
subdirectory of HOME. So, I need to uninstall it, and then reinstall it into a
directory that the mail program has access to.

What is the recommended uninstall procedure? I'm tempted to simply delete the
entire Python-2.0 folder, but don't want to get myself in trouble...

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/