Are there Tkinter examples somewhere?

Terry Hancock hancock at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 16 23:39:41 EST 2001

Hi,
I'm trying to learn how to use the Tkinter toolkit
to build an applications in Python, and I'm
having trouble fathoming how to use all the widgets.

I've got a copy of Fredrik Lundh's "An Introduction
to Tkinter", but I need a bit more on some widgets.

For example, the "Scale" widget is very poorly
represented.

Specifically, I want to know how to get information
out of the Scale object.  There's a "get" method
to poll it, but I want to have it trigger a
response when it changes in a conventional object-
oriented way.  So, I guess I need to understand
the "command" option callbacks better and how to
use one with it.

But this is just one of many little problems I
have. Is there somewhere I can find sample
code and stuff to get me started?  As is, I'm just
guessing what options do based on the name, which
is very frustrating (at least the document does
list what the options are!)

Thanks!

--
Terry Hancock