An IDLE window?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at gssec.bt.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 10:03:55 EST 2001

"Paul F. Dubois" wrote:
> I have a Tk application. I'd like to start up an IDLE shell as one of its
> windows and pass it my own dictionary to use as its global dictionary.

I'd have thought that was difficult due to IDLE being a TK app in
its
own right and trying to run two Tk mainloops in a single app
would
be "challenging". OTOH it might be possible to borrow some of the
IDLE modules to bring up an IDLE component on its own.

I'll be interested in any answers on that front.

Alan g