4NT and Python

Mark Hadfield m.hadfield at niwa.cri.nz
Thu Jan 25 15:52:30 EST 2001

"Ben Catanzariti" <fakeaddress at nospammail.com> wrote in message
news:n46o49.p5k.ln at mail...
> Does anyone here use 4NT (or any of JPSoft's win32 shell scripting
> products)?

I did for several years, but these days I mostly use the Cygwin bash shell

> Is there away to pass information dynamically/piping
> between the Python and 4NT and vice versa?

Well, you can use the input/output redirection facilities of the 4NT shell
(or the Unix shells or the Windows cmd.exe and command.com shells) to send
data to & from a Python process. For Python to participate, the script needs
to read data from sys.stdin and write it to sys.stdout & sys.stderr.

Is this what you mean? If so, and you want examples or more info, please
contact me.

> PS Outputting data toa text file is not dynamic ;)

No text files are involved in the above process.

---
Mark Hadfield
m.hadfield at niwa.cri.nz  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield/
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research
PO Box 14-901, Wellington, New Zealand