Interested in a Crypto-SIG?

A.M. Kuchling amk at mira.erols.com
Sat Jan 27 13:17:46 EST 2001

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001 14:09:55 +0100,
	Michael Ströder <michael at stroeder.com> wrote:
>I would like to propose a Crypto-SIG. The goal is to define Pythonic
>class APIs for various cryptographic and related standards to enable
>developers to use a unified API for implementing crypto-enabled
>applications in Python independent of the underlying implementations
>(basically inspired by Sun's Java crypto-related APIs).

Are you the same person who proposed this yesterday on the Meta-SIG?
Anyway, I'll give you the same answer: a unified API would be an
excellent idea, but a SIG seems unnecessary.  There's already a
python-crypto list at egroups which could be used to coordinate work
on such a unified API (it's the second link for a Google search on
"python crypto"), and the main issue is probably developer time.

--amk