Problem importing dll module

steve_evans at my-deja.com steve_evans at my-deja.com
Mon Jan 8 11:04:04 EST 2001

Hello,

I am having a problem importing a C dll. If I run python and import
the module it works fine. However if I run a test harness python
script that imports a module that several levels of importing later
imports the problem module it fails with this error:

Traceback (innermost last):  File "test.py", line 8, in ?  import CTR  File
"/users/stevee/hotstage/cmgui/source/ctf2cmds\CTR.py", line 5, in ?  import
CMDdv_s  File "D:/users/stevee/hotstage/cmgui/source/cmds/packs\CMDdv_s.py",
line 5, in ?  import CMDbusList  File
"D:/users/stevee/hotstage/cmgui/source/cmds/packs\CMDbusList.py", line 5, in
?

[snip bulk of traceback]

  import CMDpinOrderGroupList  File
"D:/users/stevee/hotstage/cmgui/source/cmds/packs\CMDpinOrderGroupList.py",
line 5, in ?  import CMDpinOrderGroup  File
"D:/users/stevee/hotstage/cmgui/source/cmds/packs\CMDpinOrderGroup.py", line
7, in ?  import CMDpinRefList  File
"D:/users/stevee/hotstage/cmgui/source/cmds/packs\CMDpinRefList.py", line 4,
in ?  import C_CMDpinRefList ImportError: DLL load failed: A dynamic link
library (DLL) initialization routine failed. My first thought was that I was
running out of memory, but that is not happening.

The modules and test harness work fine on both Solaris and Hp-UX

Steve

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/