Thread Safety

Darren New dnew at san.rr.com
Mon Jan 29 16:20:56 EST 2001

Clarence Gardner wrote:
> The issue is the SSL support in the socket module, which raises an
> exception when the reading socket is at EOF, rather than returning an
> empty string.

Do you mean when the SSL library reads EOF on the socket, or when you read
EOF from the SSL library? SSL requires packets that say "I'm closing the
socket", and I can understand getting an error if the other side is (for
example) just exitting without telling its SSL to close the socket first.

--
Darren New / Senior MTS & Free Radical / Invisible Worlds Inc.
San Diego, CA, USA (PST).  Cryptokeys on demand.