Web devel with python: Best route? XML to HTML translation!

rturpin at my-deja.com rturpin at my-deja.com
Mon Jan 15 15:48:02 EST 2001

In article <93hfp1013sm at news2.newsguy.com>,
  "Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:
> All the presentation logic goes into the template, all of
> the computation into the Python CGI script, and my little
> yaptu.py (yet another python template utility, of course)
> bridges the gap ..

That's pretty good. It seems to me there is a better way.
(1) The server scripts in Python generate XML. This is
pretty easy to do with xmlpickle. (2) Use an XML to HTML
filter to generate the HTML. Let the repitition of
values in XML guide the repitition of the relevant
sections of HTML. The advantage to this is that the
same server side scripts can be used to generate XML
(for downstream processing by another script) or HTML
(for presentation in browsers).

Does anyone know of any good XML to HTML filters for
this purpose?

Russell

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/