How robust is Python ?

Donn Cave donn at oz.net
Sat Jan 13 02:29:25 EST 2001

Quoth Moshe Zadka <moshez at zadka.site.co.il>:
| On 12 Jan 2001 18:07:58 GMT, Donn Cave <donn at u.washington.edu> wrote:
|> But back to the subject, I would be interested in more concrete
|> examples of what exceptions we're liable to catch in a case like that.
|> I have used top level handlers, but only as basically an alternative to
|> the traceback, not to resume execution.
|
| In my original message, I didn't say "resume execution" -- I said
| "re-exec", meaning (sorry for not being clearer) using the exec(2)
| system call to restart itself from scratch. I wouldn't just
| resume execution after an identified exception.

Nor after an unidentified exception, I suppose.  No, I got
that.  I wouldn't either, but a handful of follow-ups from
usually reliable sources of enlightenment haven't blinked
at that notion under the subject "How robust is Python",
while writing at length about "try: continue".  Leading
me to wonder if it's not so crazy after all?

	Donn Cave, donn at oz.net