[ANNOUNCE] Kaivo Announces Python Training Partnership

johnstonwells at my-deja.com johnstonwells at my-deja.com
Tue Jan 16 12:18:17 EST 2001

KAIVO ANNOUNCES PYTHON TRAINING PARTNERSHIP

DENVER (Jan. 16, 2001) - Kaivo, a leading Open Source solutions
provider, announced that they will be partnering with Mark Lutz, one of
the primary figures in the Python community, in the delivery of Python
education and training.

The three day course, "Python for Programmers" is an in-depth, hands-on
introduction to the Python programming / scripting language. Students
will learn Python language fundamentals as well as how to apply Python
in a handful of common application domains, such as Internet scripting,
systems programming, and user interface development.  "Python for
Programmers" has been successfully presented to both programming
experts and novices. Therefore there are no absolute prerequisites for
it other than basic computer familiarity. Some prior background in
programming may help for later topics, but is not generally required.

The first course will be offered February 21 to 23 in Denver, CO.
Detailed course information and on-line registration is available at
http://www.kaivo.com/KaivoCourses/catalog or call Kaivo at 303-539-0200
and ask for a training coordinator.  Kaivo plans to co-sponsor future
classes, in Denver as well as other parts of the country-check
www.kaivo.com for periodic updates to the schedule.

"Our customers and potential customers are constantly requesting Python
training," said Kathy Gosa, Kaivo's vice president of education. "The
extremely rapid growth of the Python community has driven us to provide
the best training possible.  We are very excited to be partnering with
someone of Mark's expertise."

Mark Lutz is a Python trainer, writer, and software developer, and is
one of the primary figures in the Python community. He is the author of
the O'Reilly books "Programming Python" and "Python Pocket Reference"
and co-author of "Learning Python". Mark has been involved with Python
since 1992, and began teaching Python classes in 1997.

"I'm excited to be working with Kaivo," said Lutz, "especially due to
their experience with open systems and open source.  I think their co-
sponsoring of this class and future classes indicates the continuing
rapid growth of Python adoption."

ABOUT KAIVO
Kaivo began as a UNIX education and training provider in 1984.  We have
been educating customers on the benefits and power of Open Systems and
Open Source tools for sixteen years.  That experience has taught us how
important technical training can be to the rapid adoption and
successful implementation of a powerful tool like Python.

ABOUT PYTHON
Python is a popular object-oriented scripting language, used for a wide
variety of programming tasks.  Visit www.python.org for more
information, and to download the most current Python release free.

# # #

Contacts:
Kathy Gosa
VP Education