Keyboard and mouse simulation?

Bryn & Anshu xoltar1 at home.com
Tue Jan 23 18:29:06 EST 2001

Hi folks,
    I need to develop an automated GUI test tool. Can anyone provide
examples or pointers on how to simulate key presses, movement of the
mouse, etc., either based on the Qt framework or on the Windows API?

I'm using PyQt, and I've found the QCursor.setPos() method which works
fine for movement, but I can't find anything to simulate presses of
mouse or keyboar button aside from posting events. Posting events to the
event queue doesn't seem to have the desired (or any) effect.

Thanks in advance,

Bryn