Online books

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at gssec.bt.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 10:09:18 EST 2001

Langa Kentane wrote:
> Can anyone please suggest a site where I can find a good online book
> [something comprehensive] on python programming that I can download.

You don't say what your programming/python literacy leel is but
there
is a mass of documentation on the python web site - several of
which
are available as real books too.

In addition, for absolute beginners there are some tutorials
(including my own, although the master site is currently dead!)

Also the How to Think like a Computer scientist:
http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/

For Tkinter programming there is F/s guide whih is rumoured to
be coming out as an ORA book RSN.

The manning web page has sample chapters from several of their
books.

F/ also has his online Python book (the F-bot guide???)

That should be enough for starters!

Alan g.
http://www.crosswinds.net/~agauld/