mxTools (was Re: why no "do : until"?)

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Jan 10 08:16:22 EST 2001

Steve Williams <sandj.williams at gte.net> wrote in message
news:3A5B5B55.198BC2C5 at gte.net...
> Robin Becker wrote:
>
> > In message <Pine.LNX.4.30.0101091923390.5204-100000 at fep132.fep.ru>, Oleg
> > Broytmann <phd at phd.pp.ru> writes

> > >   mxDateTime is not for fancy dates. Many SQL modules use it for
returning
> > >DATE/TIME fields from SQL. Think also about including it into Zope
> > >(replacing current simple DateTime)...
> > >
> > >Oleg.
> > SQL modules are even less essential in the core.
> > --
> > Robin Becker
>
> Some of us think SQL modules are as important as file modules.  Maybe more
> important.

But even those of us who think that don't necessarily see that as an
argument for making them core modules!

While I would agree that SQL modules are really almost that important, I
would still question the wisdom of burdening the core development team with
their support.  Each item added into to core increases the number of
potential interactions, and I really don't see it as Guido's job to find out
why my ODBC drivers need tweaking.

Less is more!

regards
 Steve