beep again

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Wed Jan 24 23:32:13 EST 2001

In article <mailman.980372368.20213.python-list at python.org>,
  "Tim Peters" <tim.one at home.com> wrote:

> Don't have more time for this now.  Win98SE.  I'm pretty
> sure the "ding" I hear is the registered Windows
> "Default Sound" (ding.wav, on my box) ...
> yup!  If I change the Default Sound setting while
> test_winsound is running, test_winsound starts playing
> the new .wav file instead.

We learn something new every day :-)

I just had a look at the MS documentation for this function, and it
states at the bottom:
"""
Remarks
Windows 95: The Beep function ignores the dwFreq and dwDuration
parameters. On computers with a sound card, the function plays the
default sound event. On computers without a sound card, the function
plays the standard system beep.
"""

Not much we can do about it that I can see, except possibly add a note
to the docstring.

Mark.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/