embedded python - cancel "while 1: pass"

Warren Postma embed at NO_SPAM_PLEASE.geocities.com
Fri Jan 5 16:44:16 EST 2001

"Tim Peters" <tim.one at home.com> wrote:

> It's getting at the same thing.  Py_AddPendingCall does not have proper
> mutual exclusion (the comment *says* "critical section" but the code
doesn't
> implement one!),

That sounds easy to add to me! :-)

As for the "portable thread-local-storage" problem, are there any other
scripting languages out there that are highly multithreaded, that we could
examine to see how they overcome these things?  (Does a JVM have a means of
signalling
it's threads?)

Warren