BSDDB problem

Chris Watson chris at voodooland.net
Thu Jan 11 14:19:13 EST 2001

> Hi,
>
> I am using Python 2.0 on a Linux machine. I wanted to use the bsddb
> module to get the information out the Netscape History.dat file. I tried
> the following:
>
> import bsddb
> hist = bsddb.hashopen('history.dat', 'r')

	I'm not that great at python yet but dont you need 'rb' since its
a binary file? and not just r? I don't think that helps, its just an
observation.

-Chris Watson         (316) 326-3862 | FreeBSD Consultant, FreeBSD Geek
Work:              scanner at jurai.net | Open Systems Inc., Wellington, Kansas
Home:  scanner at deceptively.shady.org | http://open-systems.net
WINDOWS: "Where do you want to go today?"
LINUX: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"