using IE5 HTML DOM parser in python ?

webzinc at my-deja.com webzinc at my-deja.com
Tue Jan 23 20:18:34 EST 2001

Not a Python girl myself, but you might be interested to know that
WebZinc is an ActiveX DLL that can be used to manipulate Web pages and
parse any HTML.

Forms, tables, paragraphs, pictures, links and more - download an
evaluation copy of www.webzinc.net

Hope this may help in some way!  ;)

--- Jenny x

In article <93lb1h0227f at news1.newsguy.com>,
  "Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Gilles Lenfant" <glenfant at equod.com.nospam> wrote in message
> news:93kpp4$51p$1 at reader1.imaginet.fr...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Seems that it is not easy to parse ugly HTML (not "well formed" in
XML
> > wording) with the htmllib.
> > I can do it easily with the IE5 included HTML DOM parser but it's in
> > javascript and the script is to be included in the HTML.
> > Did any of U succeed to use it from python and win32 extensions.
>
> Maybe I don't understand your problem correctly.  The HTML DOM
> that comes with IE5 is COM/Automation (accessible from JScript,
> but definitely not just from there) -- easy to access from Python
> (with 'makepy' support, ideally).  And I don't understand "the script
> is to be included in the HTML" together with your need to parse the
> HTML itself -- if you need to parse scripts in arbitrary scripting
> languages, that IS indeed difficult (and HTML DOM has no help for
> that)... but why would you need that?
>
> Alex

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/